We are actively searching for men and women who are interested in running on one of Northwest Ohio's most progressive departments.
Are you motivated? Dedicated? Are you looking for a rewarding side job? Are you willing to reach new levels of personal growth? Interested in joining a great team?
If you answered yes to these questions, the Northwood Fire and Rescue Department has an opportunity perfect for you.
The Northwood Fire and Rescue Department is always looking for paid-on-call Firefighter/EMTs. We will provide and pay for all of the necessary training. After acquiring the necessary certifications and completing a probationary period employees may also be eligible for a Part-Time status with the NFRD.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be a resident of the City of Northwood
- Must pass a Background Check
- Must pass a Medical Physical
- Must pass a Physical Agility Test
- Must obtain Ohio Volunteer Firefighter Certification within the first year of employment (Approx. 40 Hours)
- Must obtain Ohio Basic Emergency Medical Technician Certification within 2nd year of employment (Approx. 140 hours)
- Must obtain Ohio Firefighter I Certification within the 2nd year of employment
- Must attend weekly training
Applications can be picked up during normal business hours at the Municipal Building at 6000 Wales Road or by following the link below.