NOW HIRING PART-TIME FIREFIGHTERS
We are actively searching for men and women who are interested in running on one of Northwest Ohio's most progressive departments.
Are you motivated? Dedicated? Are you looking for a rewarding side job? Are you willing to reach new levels of personal growth? Interested in joining a great team?
How are we one of Northwest Ohio's Most Progressive departments? Besides having a department that is staffed 24/7 to provide fast and efficient service to those who call, our City has provided our department with the most up-to-date equipment and training opportunities. Over the last couple of years, we have placed into service a new medic units, new fire apparatus, new staff cars, and invested thousands of dollars into training resources. Your training? That's on us! We are active in the community by participating in and sponsoring a multitude community events including the City's Fall Fest and Safety Town.
The Northwood Fire and Rescue Department is always looking for paid-on-call Firefighter/EMTs. We will provide and pay for all of the necessary training. After acquiring the necessary certifications and completing a probationary period, employees may also be eligible for a Part-Time status with the NFD. We require annual physical agility testing and medical evaluations, provided by the City to ensure our employees are healthy and fit for the job.
Paid-On-Call Firefighter General Requirements:
*We are always accepting applicants for Paid-On-Call under the following requirements...
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be a resident of the City of Northwood
- Must pass a Background Check
- Must pass an NFPA 1582 Medical Physical
- Must pass a Physical Agility Test
- Must obtain Ohio Volunteer Firefighter Certification within the first year of employment
- Must obtain Ohio Basic Emergency Medical Technician Certification within 2nd year of employment
- Must obtain Ohio Firefighter I Certification within the 2nd year of employment
- Must attend weekly training
The Northwood Fire and Rescue Department is now hiring trained, part-time Firefighters. You must already hold an EMT, Advanced EMT, or Paramedic card and be at least Firefighter I certified. In addition to the pre-employment requirements listed below, we require annual physical agility testing and medical evaluations, provided by the City to ensure our employees are healthy and fit for the job. You do not need to be a City resident to join our Part-Time Firefighter program. Our Part-Time Firefighters work scheduled shifts based on availability, are scheduled before the beginning of each month, and our shifts run 0800x2000 and 2000x0800. Shifts generally will be staffed by one Firefighter/Paramedic and one Firefighter/EMT in either 12 or 24 hour increments. For information about our run volumes, see this page.
Part-Time Firefighter General Requirements:
***Job Posting for the Part-Time Firefighter/Paramedic. Apply now!
- Must possess good moral character
- Must be insurable by the City's Insurance Carrier
- State of Ohio Firefighter I or II Certification
- State of Ohio EMT or Advanced EMT or Paramedic
PART-TIME STARTING PAY RATES: We're up front...
FIREFIGHTER/ADVANCED EMT: $15.77/hour.
Applications can be filled out using following the link below.